7 April, 2006

Detroit Sold For Scrap

Posted by alex in Detroit at 1:36 am | Permanent Link

DETROIT—Detroit, a former industrial metropolis in southeastern Michigan with a population of just under 1 million, was sold at auction Tuesday to bulk scrap dealers and smelting foundries across the United States.

Enlarge ImageDetroitSite of the former Detroit Museum of African-American History, which took in over $135.

“This is what’s best for Detroit,” Mayor Kwame M. Kilpatrick said. “We must act now, while we can still get a little something for it.”

Once dismantled and processed, Detroit is expected to yield nearly 14 million tons of steel, 2.85 million tons of aluminum, and approximately 837,000 tons of copper.

The decision to demolish and cull Detroit for scrap was approved last month by a 6-3 City Council vote after a cost-benefit analysis revealed that, as a functioning urban area, it held a negative cash value.

Article.


  • Similar posts:

    1. 04/07/06 Detroit is Nigger Rich 35% similar
    2. 03/01/13 Home Rule Fails Again, This Time in Detroit 35% similar
    3. 12/26/06 New Local Blog: “Detroit is Crap” 34% similar
    4. 03/14/13 Atlanta: the Next Detroit 33% similar
    5. 07/28/08 Detroit’s Mayor Investigated Again 32% similar
    6. 2 Responses to “Detroit Sold For Scrap”

      1. Tim Says:

        Funny article but truth is almost as strange as fiction in this case. Back in 1993, Detroit’s ombudsman, Marie Farrell-Donaldson, proposed a cost saving measure that would have kept the city from having to offer street cleaning, police protection, sewers, electricity, and garbage collection to vacant blocks by simply bulldozing them, fencing them off, off and letting them revert to nature. I seem to recall that up to 70% of the city’s 142 square mile area would have potentially have been affected by this proposal. The idea was to herd the remaining 900,000 Detroiters into roughly 30% of the city’s territory and provide services there. This proposal was resurrected in 2003 but Major Kwame dismissed it because the blacks running Detroit were still too embarrassed to do it. What an infamous news story it would have been. The city is going bankrupt in any case so it doesn’t matter what they do. The Whites have left and the ones who are still there are mostly old and can’t afford to move. Detroit is something like 8% White today and the city has lost 1.5 million Whites since 1950.

        Back to the fields…. There is one east side area of Detroit, which I measured from the Terra Server satellite image as being 11 acres in size without a single structure remaining on it. Going back to aerial photographs of the city (available online) from 1956, I looked at the same area and saw a large school, two other large buildings and 48 homes. The stretch of Hancock Street that ran through the middle of this 11-acre area had been bulldozed and decommissioned by 2002 – leaving only grass (mostly) and a few trees. There is another area of the city I examined from Terra-Server (2002) images and 1956 aerial photographs. I found a decline in housing stock of 93% in the area during that 46-year period. In 1956, the neighborhood was Eastern European (Czechs, Poles, Ukrainians, etc) and in 2002 it had long been niggerized. These examples are hardly unique as I mentioned in an earlier post that over 200,000 Detroit homes have been destroyed and razed since 1970.

        (Black incompetence + impotent rage) * (jewish media agitprop)^n = carcass cities devoid of whites

      2. alex Says:

        Very interesting. Why not make it a free-range nigger preserve, attract out of state hunters like Dick Cheney. Tape the proceeds, sell advertising.

      Leave a Reply

      You may use the following HTML tags in your comments.

      <a abbr acronym b blockquote cite code del em i q strike strong>