18 March, 2007

Chagas Now in L.A. Blood Supply – Thanks, AIPAC

Posted by alex in health, jewed immigration policy, medicine, Mexcrement, Mexico, Mexinvasion at 7:54 am | Permanent Link

Another reason our politicians ought to have their heads cut off. The Mexican invasion they have allowed due to their complete and total subservience to the diversity-favoring jewish lobby is now costing real Americans their lives, as their internal organs, infected with lethal bugshit, explode.

Who the fuck voted for this? Nobody. America isn’t ruled by the majority, it’s ruled by jews.

Parasite is a growing concern for healthcare professionals

One in 3,800 donors in the L.A. area tested positive for Chagas, a deadly disease that is mainly found in Latin America.

By Rong-Gong Lin II, Times Staff Writer

March 15, 2007

A little-known but potentially deadly parasite from Latin America has become one of the latest threats to the blood and organ supplies in the United States, especially in Los Angeles, where many donors have traveled to affected countries, health officials say.

Last year, two heart transplant patients at different Los Angeles hospitals contracted the parasitic disease, called Chagas, causing health authorities to issue a national bulletin. Within months, both patients subsequently died, although not directly from Chagas, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and

—-

FOR THE RECORD:
Chagas disease: An article in Thursday’s California section about a potentially deadly parasite threatening the U.S. blood and organ supply said that HIV, which blood banks screen for, shows up in one of every 30,000 blood donors. In fact, HIV shows up in one of every 30,000 first-time blood donors; among all donors, including repeat donors who have previously tested negative for HIV and are thus less likely to be infected, the virus is found in one in every 300,000. —

—-

The parasite, which is generally passed to humans from a blood-sucking insect that looks like a striped cockroach, can feed over years on tissues of the heart and gastrointestinal tract. After decades, tissues can be eroded so much that the organs fail.

Insect transmission of the parasite in the United States is rare, but public health and blood bank officials have been concerned about its increasing prevalence in the blood supply.

In 1996, using an experimental test, the American Red Cross found that one in 9,850 blood donors in the L.A. area tested positive for the parasite, Trypanosoma cruzi. Two years later, it was one in every 5,400. By 2006, a more refined test detected the parasite in one in 3,800 donors. About 10% to 30% of infected people develop symptoms of chronic disease, experts say.

By contrast, HIV, which blood banks screen for, shows up in one of every 30,000 donors, said Susan Stramer, executive scientific officer for the Red Cross.

If caught early, strong anti-protozoal drugs such as nifurtimox can bring the parasite to undetectable levels or, in some cases, eliminate it entirely.

If the parasite is given the chance to multiply over years or decades, however, those infected may have to be treated with heart-regulating drugs or get a pacemaker or heart transplant.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved a test suitable for widespread screening in December. Blood banks have now begun systematically checking their supplies for the Chagas parasite.

By late January, the American Red Cross and Phoenix-based Blood Systems, which collect about 65% of the U.S. blood supply, had started screening blood for T. cruzi. Other banks, including the Blood Bank of San Bernardino and Riverside Counties, have no immediate plans for screening but are monitoring test results from banks that are using the test. In late February, the CDC reported that the “FDA is expected to recommend implementation of the test by all blood-collection establishments.”

No organ donors in the United States are now being screened for the parasite, although the organ procurement agency that covers much of Southern California plans to begin testing some donors in mid-April. At first, the screening will be focused on people who have lived in or traveled to rural parts of Latin America, said Thomas Mone, chief executive of the agency, OneLegacy.

In Latin America, about 10 million to 12 million people are believed to be infected with the Chagas parasite. As many as 1 million of them are expected to die from the disease unless there are advances in treatment, according to Dr. James Maguire, a University of Maryland expert on the disease.

“Chagas is very, very prevalent in South and Central America,” said Marek Nowicki, a USC blood-disease expert who studied the effect of Chagas on the Southern California organ supply with the National Institute of
Transplantation.

“The number of [immigrant] Latinos in Southern California, Texas and other parts of the United States are growing, but especially in L.A., a large proportion of organ donors are Latino,” Nowicki said. “They’re basically bringing with them the disease prevalence in the area they used to live.”

The problem is not limited to immigrants. Tourists, too, can be carriers. The heart transplant cases in Los Angeles last year illustrate the problem.

One donor was a native of El Salvador living in Los Angeles, and the other was born in the U.S. but had traveled to Guadalajara, Mexico, where T. cruzi is endemic.

Richard Edward Russo, then 73, received the heart from the Salvadoran native. The Burbank retiree appeared to be recovering nicely last year when, several weeks after his transplant at St. Vincent Medical Center in Los Angeles, he developed a fever and a rash. He complained of being tired and couldn’t eat or walk.

About the same time, a 64-year-old man developed similar symptoms after receiving a transplant at UCLA Medical Center. He had received the heart from the American tourist.

At both hospitals, doctors submitted the patients to a battery of tests, concluding separately that they had Chagas.

The CDC sent anti-parasitic medication out from Atlanta. The drug reduced the parasite in the blood of both men to undetectable levels. But Russo never got better, his wife, Carolyn, said. He suffered from other hospital-acquired infections and had pneumonia at least twice.

“It just went downhill,” she said. Russo died in June 2006.

As a result of the cases, the CDC last summer warned doctors that the prevalence of infection might be higher
than previously thought, especially in areas like Los Angeles County.

Chagas is a clear reminder that “diseases don’t have geographic borders anymore,” said Dr. Suman Radhakrishna, an infectious diseases expert in Los Angeles who helped treat Russo. Doctors need to be “cognizant that diseases happening elsewhere in the world can happen in our backyard too.” [Translation: When you let third-world turd people into your country, you let in their diseases too.]

Another disease, cysticercosis, caused by tapeworm larvae, is believed to cause as many as 10% of the seizures reported to large urban emergency rooms in California and New Mexico. Dr. Ashok Jain, a USC emergency room doctor, said the figure may be as high as 20% at Los Angeles County USC Medical Center.

It is spread through ingestion, not the blood or organ supply.

“When I was in Cook County in Chicago, I didn’t even know it existed,” said Jain, an associate professor of clinical emergency medicine at USC. “Then I came to L.A. County … and oh, God, there were so many cases.”

Diseases like Chagas and cysticercosis have emerged as an issue for some opponents of illegal immigration, who argue that exotic diseases are often spread by illegal immigrants.

“Curbing illegal entry will diminish the problem of exposure to such diseases because legal immigrants are medically screened to protect the U.S. public,” said Jack Martin, special projects director for the Federation for American Immigration Reform, an immigration control group.. [The no-shit argument]

Public health officials say the migration of diseases has always been an issue — and is especially so today, in an increasingly mobile world with a global economy. Many urge caution, not alarm.

“I don’t want people to overreact, but I don’t want people to ignore it,” said Victor Tsang, chief of the immunochemistry lab at the CDC’s Division of Parasitic Diseases. “The more we pay attention to it, the better off we are.”

[email protected]

[Original]

california

Chagas Disease Proliferating – SoCal Headed To ‘Hell’

From Patricia Doyle, PhD
3-16-7

Hello Bert,

Thank you for the article below. Given the fact that illegals from Chagas infected regions are flooding into the US every day, I think that we are going to see a full scale public health crisis in many areas of the US within 7-10 years.

Not only will public health officials become overwhelmed but hospitals will be forced share in this nightmare. I do not see how hospitals and the taxpayers are going to pay the bills of a Chagas-infected population. South and Central America are experiencing this very health crisis now.

Illegals are flocking into the US as ‘workers.’ There comes a time when a Chagas-infected person becomes unable to work. They then become in need of expensive, permanent medical care. The George Bush ‘administration’ is so shallow that it hasn’t even begun to calculate the price of this ‘CHEAP’(?) labor. Those who go onto the chronic stage of Chagas and the heart or colon problems will be unable to work and in need of assistance.

The local US kissing bug species have now demonstrated their ability to carry and vector the T. Cruzi parasite. These triatoma bugs have colonized homes and spread the parasite to local small animal populations and, as we saw in Louisiana, infected a 74 year old victim in her own home in New Orleans. Dogs, armidillos and other small animals serve as reservoir for the disease. This fact should have “served notice” that Chagas is capable of local spreading in the US. Triatoma bugs can be found in southern to mid latitudes in the US. These bugs can be found as far north as Maryland. There have been organ recipients who contracted Chagas from transplants and cases of simple blood transfusion transmission. Health authorities are not screening blood for Chagas.

Public health law would allow the government of the US to close down the border and stop anyone from entering the US from Chagas-infected regions. It is obvious that the US government is more concerned about ‘cheap’ labor for corporations and business entities than concern for the public health of its citizens. Furthermore, US the taxpayers will, as usual, receive the bill for medical care of Chagas infected, and the cost for Public health trying to deal with a crisis situation in the near future, let’s say 2012. And what a bill that’s going to be.

I just don’t understand why, when we have a chance to stop the Chagas spread in the US, WHY are we not closing the borders? Deporting anyone who is infected with Chagas? This is a matter of the most basic common sense public health. This could just be the next pandemic and we have the power to stop it before it really gets rolling.

Once we allow the genie that is Chagas out of the bottle, there is NO stopping it. The CDC is misleading the public by calling Chagas a disease of poverty and poor living conditions. That’s a lie. People from all walks of life and socioeconomic groups throughout Mexico, Central and South America have contracted Chagas. By telling Americans that the disease is one of poverty we are being lulled into believing we are immune to Chagas.

Well, kissing bugs can colonize any home.

In Texas, triatoma bugs were found living under patio blocks. 24 of 31 triatomas were found positive for T. Cruzi. We have the vector, we have infected small animals and the vector had colonized homes within the US. This tells me we have a problem; we have conditions locally that favor Chagas spread within the US. Why are we allowing an influx of Chagas-infected people to continue to flood into the US, and do so ILLEGALLY?

2008 Presidential election is not far away. We need to DEMAND that prospective candidates take a stand on illegal immigration. If the current candidates won’t take a stand than we need to find an anti-illegal immigration candidate who will.

Patricia

[Original]

• 13 Responses to “Chagas Now in L.A. Blood Supply – Thanks, AIPAC”

1. alex Says:

Autochthonous transmission of the Chagas disease parasite, Trypanosoma cruzi, was detected in a patient in rural New Orleans, Louisiana.

Chagas disease is endemic in Latin America; 13 million people are infected with the causative agent, the protozoan parasite Trypanosoma cruzi, and 200,000 new cases are reported annually (1). Although Chagas disease occurs mostly as heart disease, megasyndrome (enlargement of the visceral organs) is also seen in patients in South America. Transmission is usually by contamination of a person with parasite-laden feces of a triatomine bug (family Reduviidae, subfamily Triatominae, commonly known as kissing bugs), which deposits feces on the skin while feeding. The parasite can then enter through the bite wound, mucous membranes, or conjunctiva. Transmission by blood transfusion, organ transplant, and congenital and oral routes can also occur.

In June 2006, a 74-year-old woman residing in a house in rural New Orleans was bothered by a considerable number (>50) of insect bites. The woman observed many bugs in the house and showed them to a fumigator, who identified them as triatomines. An internet search showed the potential for transmission of Chagas disease, and the woman sought help from a local health sciences center.

http://wesawthat.blogspot.com/2007/03/chagas-infection-spreading-in-louisiana.html

2. alex Says:

Chagas is known as the “kissing bug” because at night as person sleeps it crawls up and drinks the saliva at the edges of a persons mouth and at the same time defecates and urinates. In that fecal material dwells a parasite that enters the persons body, is incurable, and eventually kills the person by destroying the heart.

Some experts estimate the number of people in Latin American countries who have this disease to be 25%. About 25% of these will suffer heart damage. So .o6% of the population suffers heart damage from this one bug. You can read the Wikipedia entry on this here.

What does this mean to me? I would in no way consider camping out in states below the Mason Dixon line. ;-) Actually my two youngest sons were visited by the bug one night on a trip to Costa Rica. How did we know? They had a rash around their mouths in the morning from a reaction to the fecal material. By the grace of God, the bug that attacked them was not infected with the parasite.

http://sprucegoose.blogspot.com/2007/01/chagas-parasite-disease-now-in.html

3. alex Says:

Chagas Disease manifests in two stages: An Acute Stage that develops soon after infection and a Chronic Stage that can develop over a period of ten years. In the acute phase a local skin nodule may appear at the site of the inoculation. When the inoculation site is the conjunctival mucous membranes, the patient may develop unilateral periorbital edema, conjunctivitis and preauricular lymphadentis. Although the acute phase is usually asymptomatic, the disease can also present fever, anorexia, lymphadenopatthy, mild hepatosplenomegaly and myocarditis. About 10-20% of acute cases resolve over a period of two to three months into a asymptomatic chronic stage. Unfortunately the disease reappears after several years.

The symptomatic chronic stage may not occur for years or even decades after the initial infection. Chronic infections result in various neurological disorders including dementia, damage to the heart muscle and sometimes it causes dilation of the digestive tract and weight loss. Swallowing may be the first symptom of digestive disturbances. This often leads to malnutrition. After several years of an asymptomatic period 27% of those infected develop cardiac damage, 6% develop digestive damage and 3% show peripheral nervous involvement. Chagas Disease can be fatal if it is left untreated. Most fatalities from this disease are a result of Cardiomyopathy.

Transmission can be made in several ways. Eighty percent of human cases are infected by vectorial transmission which is by the feces of the tritominae. Transmission can also be made by transplacental. A mother with an acute or chronic infection passes the trypanosomes to her unborn child. It has been verified that children born to infected mothers sometimes were not infected with the disease. Transfusion of infected blood is another way of transmission. Sometimes donors ignore the fact that they are infected. The blood is then passed on through transfusion and the recipients are infected. A large percentage of infections are transmitted this way. It is also possible for an infected mother to pass the disease to a child by the breast milk. Although this is very rare, it is advisable that infected mothers not breast feed. Accidental contamination in a laboratory can also result in transmission. There are many cases of accidental infections that are caused by the manipulation of kissing bed bugs, infected animals or biological material from sick people or infected animals. There are also cases of infection caused by the management of infected animals, such as skinning wild or semi-domestic animals. Try panosomes have been found in dogs saliva with high parasitism. The final source of transmission is through contaminated food such as poultry and beef. This is accidental and might happen when eating food that has had contact with the feces from infected bed bugs. This way of transmission is very rare.

It is rumored that Charles Darwin suffered from Chagas Disease as a result of a bite from the so-called Great Black Bug of the Pampas (Vinchuca). The Chronic stages of Chagas Disease remain a major health problem in many Latin American Countries, despite efforts to minimize transmission. Great steps continue to be made to control and eliminate Chagas Disease. Officials remain hopeful that total elimination of the transmission of Chagas Disease could be achieved as soon as the year 2010.

http://www.writingup.com/cristina134/the_stages_and_transmission_of_chagas_disease

4. alex Says:

Kinda makes you wanna go eat out at a Mexican restaurant, eh? And hire a mexi-nanny to watch your kids?

5. alex Says:

Just as niggers means business for cops, infected third-worlders means money for drug companies, whether through extra pills or blood screens:

Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, a Johnson & Johnson company, announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has licensed its new test designed to screen blood donations for exposure to Chagas’ disease – a tropical, parasitic disease that originates in South America. Called the ORTHO® T.cruzi ELISA Test System, it is the first blood-screening test for Chagas’ disease approved by the FDA for use in the United States.

http://www.jnj.com/news/jnj_news/20061213_140936.htm

Diversity: good for Johnson & Johnson. For you? Eh, not so much…

6. alex Says:

From “Audacious Epigone”:

Immigration and parasites, other diseases

Our open-border immigration policy is the gift that just keeps on giving. Chagas (Trypanosoma cruzi), a parasitic insect that feeds on vital internals like the heart, nervous system, and GI tract, is coming to a blood bank near you:

A little-known but potentially deadly parasite from Latin America has become one of the latest threats to the blood and organ supplies in the United States, especially in Los Angeles, where many donors have traveled to affected countries, health officials say. …

A callous cynic might use the latter paragraph as part of an analogy that uses a certain country in place of the infected person.

Los Angeles is ground zero for the parasite in the US. The county’s rate of infection for donors has increased by 260% in the last decade, to 1 out of every 3,800. But blood donations are disproportionately made by white males, so the rate of infection among LA’s general population, 36.2% of whom are foreign-born, is higher. While virtually non-existent in the native US population, Latin America is a different story, with 1 in 25 people being infected. With rates of contamination as high as 53%, it is ubiquitous in some blood banks in Central and South America.

The FDA has approved a test for widespread screening, and the Red Cross is already using it, although other blood banks blood banks in the Southwest haven’t yet done so.

Unlike cysticercosis, another item of Latin American import, Chagas is not combated with basic hygienic practices. The former is brought into the US by immigrants from communities that allow pigs to eat human feces. The population then eats the swine, contracts the infectious tapeworm, and transmits it through contact with food (the spreading of which can largely be prevented by regular hand-washing and laundering of clothes). Filthy as the transmission of cysticercosis is, Chagas is worse because it’s not as easily preventable, and even the strongest anti-protozoal drugs rarely eliminate the parasite completely.

Of course, ending illegal immigration and instituting a merit immigration system which includes the applicants health and physical fitness as part of a total desirability score is the best method of preventing its spread in the US:

“The number of [immigrant] Latinos in Southern California, Texas and other parts of the United States are growing, but especially in L.A., a large proportion of organ donors are Latino,” Nowicki said. “They’re basically bringing with them the disease prevalence in the area they used to live.” (Reporter’s brackets)

Gonorrhea, syphilis, hepatitis, tuberculosis, cysticercosis, and Chagas are all maladies disproportionately brought into the US by immigrants. Reducing their prevalence can be realized by building a barrier along the US-Mexico border, handing down tough punitions to employers who knowingly higher illegal immigrants (the Basic Pilot Program makes verification easy for employers), and through criminal deportations and attrition.

Those arguing for unfettered open borders are essentially arguing for the onset of these third-world diseases in the US. Destitute migrants can receive better healthcare here than in their countries of origin. It’s yet another way in which open borders give rise to wealth transfers from net taxpaying natives to impoverished third-world migrants.

http://anepigone.blogspot.com/2007/03/immigration-and-parasites-other.html

7. Filles du Roi's Boi Says:

First, Rong-Gong Lin II, Times Staff Writer?! You have GOT to be kidding me. Second, has anybody asked Fred Reed for a comment yet? I wonder what that crackpot would have to say about this. Really, how brazen does this nation-infecting treason have to get before the lemmings react? I know the Jews have the useless conservative dopes spending most of their time and credibility defending their wars, but there hasn’t been a complete news blackout. Don’t these White Americans care about their families? What a fucking mess.

8. Coup d'Etat Says:

“In Latin America, about 10 million to 12 million people are believed to be infected with the Chagas parasite. As many as 1 million of them are expected to die from the disease unless there are advances in treatment, according to Dr. James Maguire, a University of Maryland expert on the disease.”

I don’t give a damn if we have better health care here. These people are a threat to our children who go to school with these parasitic lowlife mexicans, not to mention the older generation. There is more to this story than the fact these people carry dangerous parasites. In the mid 1970’s, my school in south Texas stopped testing students for TB. We already had a considerable amount of mexicans attending. However, it was around that time or shortly thereafter that more and more illegals were swamping the city and attending public schools.

Our damn politicians can claim Iraq or Al-Quaida as terrorists all they want, but it is them who are terrorizing us and killing us for allowing these parasitic beings in our country speading diseases and contaminating our food supply. I can see the big picture between the White males being slaughtered in Iraq and Afgan. and our country being invaded by non-whites including jews who are out to murder us any which way they can while our politicians are allowing it to happen.

9. Coup d'Etat Says:

“I just don’t understand why, when we have a chance to stop the Chagas spread in the US, WHY are we not closing the borders? Deporting anyone who is infected with Chagas? This is a matter of the most basic common sense public health. This could just be the next pandemic and we have the power to stop it before it really gets rolling.”

The reason why we are not closing the borders or aggressively kicking the mexicans out of our country are many. The first is that we have spineless politicians in power who are being run by jewish and latino power groups. Foreign entities are dictating our nation that if we put up any walls or close the borders that would be discriminatory according to, say for example the ACLU, an organization full of jewish lawyers who are racists against Whites and their sovereign homeland which they are making every effort to destroy and kill all Whites eventually.

Our politicians and our President are pandering to these murderers. The Bush Administrators may seem shallow, but they know exactly what they are doing and are acting no differently than terrorists and murderers.

10. Briseis Says:

did a google image search,
      http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&gbv=2&safe=off&q=chagas+disease&btnG=Search
      Add another vile creepy 3rd world problem to the USA-
      Funny how when they come here, it doesn’t just “go away”, as in “feed the starving children”. Nope, The problems just move right in with them.

11. Shabbos Shabazz Says:

“. . .Los Angeles is ground zero for the parasite in the US. . .”

You mean all the Jews are there?

12. Wade Thalweg Says:

Remember that “West Nile Virus” that was killing all the birds and some of the older folks; First cases in Israeli Jews in Jew York and Jew Jersey. We all ended up calling it by arab/african sounding name.

Let’s name this one before the Jews beat us to it with a Illegal Alien type name.

13. Briseis Says:

“You’re thinking: Mexicans are strange. But there’s more going on here than meets the eye. “La Cucaracha” is the Spanish equivalent of “Yankee Doodle”-”

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/010727.html

Annoying beaners. If they didn’t breed so prodigiously, they wouldnt be the problem they are, but that’s pretty much all they know how to do, is reproduce- the same could be said of bacteria!
      http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5863/010727vu5.gif