Right and Duty in War and Peace
by Dr. Reinhold Oberlercher
Clarifications, comments, etc., by the translator are
enclosed in [square] brackets.
1. After the Western Powers had forced [Germany into] and won the First World War and
Germany had to sign the armistice, the Western Powers organized the armistice crime of the
hunger blockade, which had as its consequence 800,000 dead of starvation in Germany, in
order to wrest from Germany her subscription to the Versailles Diktat of 1919 [The word
Diktat -- meaning a command or dictation, is used here -- rather than "treaty" -- Vertrag -- and
2. The victors mutilated the political landscape of the European continent according
to their imperialistic plans. The territories of the vanquished powers were divided up, they
were robbed of their sovereignty, and they lost their political capacity to act domestically
as well as in foreign affairs.
3. To justify this subjugation, the Western Powers coerced defeated Germany into
subscribing to an article whch imposed upon the loser the "war-guilt" clause, thus a guilt
which does not exist at all in European laws of war or international law.
4. The system of the Weimar Republic, forced upon the German Reich by the
Western Powers, was by definition not capable of jettisoning the Versailles Diktat.
This Hitler promised to do, and fulfilled that promise, too. Hitler's taking power was thus
provoked by the Western Powers. From the German perspective, the single reproach to be made
against Hitler is the neareness of [his] goals and methods to those of the Western
5. On September 1, 1939, the German Reich obtained military access to its
eastern territories amputated by the Versailles Diktat, and requited Poland for its
breaking of the prohibition of annexation under international law.
6. With the support of the U.S., England and France misused this local conflict to
declare war upon Germany on September 3, 1939, and thereby instigated the Second World War
as an anti-German crusade of annihilation.
7. That no declaration of war was issued by the Western Powers against the Soviet
Union when its troops crossed the eastern border of Poland, shows how indifferent the Western
Powers were to Poland's fate. What mattered to them was the destruction of the German
Reich, which -- politically and ecconomically strengthened -- threatened their
imperialistic supremacy. Any pretext for the world war was welcome to the Western Powers,
whose representatives had made no secret of the fact that they wanted to destroy not only the
German Reich, but also the German people, for they were developing the atom bomb
8. But the advent and effect of the Second and Third German Reich saved Europe
until 1945 from Asiatic despotism on the one side, and from the dictatorship of
Capital on the other side.
9. The view of 20th century German history which prevails today, is the continuation
and intensification of the Allied war propaganda after the armistice which took place on 8
May 1945 due to the capitulation of the German Wehrmacht, therefore a continuation
of hostile action.
10. The Deutsches Kolleg [German nationalist education center to which both
Horst Mahler and Reinhold Oberlercher belong] condemns the present dominating historiography
as war propaganda and therefore as one of the numerous crimes of the armistice of the
11. A genuine public evaluation of German history can be attained only after the end
of the control of the U.S.A. over Europe.
12. Whoever deplores the crippling of the creative powers in Europe, the inversion of
all traditional values and the decline of formerly efficient economies in the Western world,
is but bemoaning the outcome of the war lost by Germany and its allies in 1945. The
Deutsches Kolleg summons the peoples [i.e., different European nationalities] to
recognize this, to thus arm themselves for impending decisions, and to thereby give meaning
again to the sacrifice of the many million dead of all peoples who took part in the
13. The Deutsches Kolleg recognizes no earthly right above that of the ethnic
peoples. The ethnic peoples are in and of themselves the secular Supreme and therefore are
not subject to categories such as Guilt and Atonement. They have the right and the duty, to
conduct war or to preserve peace. That is international law, which the rule of terror of
"human rights" breaks.